Followers

Monday, October 8, 2012

My life has two parts. The part before my Mom's suicide, and the "vortex of suck" that has followed since. I was struggling to get my life back together when she decided to take her own, and to say it launched me into a year of "grieving" simply doesn't begin to cover it.  It has been a strange, and scary, journey but I continue to put one foot in front of the other in hopes that each day will bring new strength, and new peace.

 Friday night my best friend's husband killed himself in the same violent manner,  and I feel shattered all over again.  I'm  struggling to help her through it while trying with all my might not to backslide into the deepest pools of grief that she's just been thrown into.  I do not want her in this club with me, I hate that I know the different pains she will experience, and there's nothing I can do but hold her hand, listen, and give comfort and resources as she is ready.  We are such fragile creatures, really... faulted and trying to find our way. Please be gentle with each other... Love to you and yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment